Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby Cakes

We often call Serena "Baby Cakes;" hence, the title of today's post. I was having trouble coming up with a title today.

Serena loves to play with the broom. She had a hard time waiting for Mommy to be done sweeping the floor this morning so she could take a turn with it!

Daddy gets the credit for this one! ;)

I think I've mentioned a time or two how much Serena loves to copy Jordan. Tonight at supper, Serena kept looking at Jordan and doing her sign for 'more' -- meaning, "Do more funny stuff, Daddy!"

This afternoon, we went for a walk out behind the development and watched Jordan work the dogs. It was funny to get Serena all bundled up (it was pretty chilly out there...in the 40's) and see her waddle around! She was NOT happy with me when I took her fleece snowsuit off afterward, though!

Not that great of a picture, but I posted it because I think she might actually look a little like me here!

Serena claps for Rocky and Macy every time they complete a retrieve

The hour or so before supper can be a kind of difficult one for Serena. She sees Mommy in the kitchen and knows food is being prepared and I think it just gets her little tummy to thinking it's time to eat NOW! I try to have some nutritious fingerfood on hand for her at this point of the day because chances are she'll be eating it right up until I get supper on the table! One of our favorites is frozen peas. The only problem with frozen peas is that they are so little that they don't keep Serena occupied long enough for me to be able to use my hands for anything but handing out frozen peas. So, I usually pass that job off to Jordan. Jordan, being the resourceful person that he is came up with a new system tonight for feeding Serena the frozen peas and it worked wonderfully! She thought it was really fun, plus it slowed her consumption a little, and it gave Jordan some free time! :)

Eating her frozen peas from off the table. Brilliant idea! I think we're going to patent this one and call it the Horak Frozen Pea Feeding Maneuver (or HFPFM). Catchy, huh? Oh, and you may have noticed the little 'alien dog' (our nickname for Maggie) in the picture. She's the Olsen's little doggie and we're watching her this week! Serena loves her so much! She even cries when we have to put Maggie in her kennel, haha!

More frozen pea eating

Serena loves all the dogs, not just Maggie. Although, Maggie has definitely won a special place in Serena's heart! Here, Serena is giving Rocky some love. Thankfully, Rocky is very tolerant!

1 comment:

jules said...

CUTE with the pea idea jordy! and i am just betting that serena will just ADORE little amy :) i can't wait for them to meet!!