Sunday, September 26, 2010

More Big Smiles!

Serena looks SO pretty in this dress! I love it!


I taught Serena to sign "I love you" this morning. I made it really simple and just did the one where you cross your arms in front of your chest. She slept till about 7:30 this morning. Jordan and I were already up. I had taken a shower and Jordan was in the process. I was going to start blow-drying my hair, but then thought I might wake Serena up and I wouldn't be able to hear her because I would have the dryer going. And since she was on our bed, that might not be a very safe scenario. So, I decided to just lay down on the bed until Jordan got out of the shower. Of course, as soon as I did, Serena rolled over and opened her eyes and looked at me! I started talking to her really quietly and after a bit she started 'talking' back. We had a nice conversation for a couple minutes and then she sat up and crawled over to me. I said, "I love you!" and she looked at me ever so carefully. I've noticed that she's been doing that lately with that phrase, just like she used to do with "Uh-oh." I said it a few more times, thinking she might make an attempt at saying it. But, "I love you" is a whole lot more complicated than "Uh-oh"! ;) Then I thought I should make it easier by putting a sign with it. So, I said "I love you!" and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Then I said it again and crossed Serena's arms in front of her chest. I did this 3 or 4 times, and then she did it herself! She was so pleased with her new ability and we both laughed! Jordan was out of the shower by then, so I took her in to show off her new sign to Daddy! I'll be working on getting it on video for this Thursday! ;)

1 comment:

jules said...

SO FUN!!!!! i bet that was special :)