Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tiny Tree

Serena is very interested in the Christmas tree (as you can imagine a 15-month-old would be!), and it's very hard for her to be content with just 'touching' the ornaments when she'd really like to be able to take them off and carry them all around the house! I have this little tiny tree that I originally bought to sit on my desk back when I worked in the Maintenance office at Northland (wow, that seems like forever ago!). Last year, I put it in Serena's room just for fun, and thought I'd do that again this year. But, last night when I was contemplating getting it decorated, I had a light bulb moment...Why not let Serena just play with that tree?! So, this morning when Serena went for the Christmas tree, I handed her the mini one and some ornaments. She played busily with them while Rocky looked on with lots of curiosity (jealousy?)!

The best part about the ornaments was not putting them on the tree, but taking them in and out of the box, of course!

Happy times with her little tree (and Rocky!)

We received another surprise package in the mail today! This time from Grandpa & Grandma! Jordan was like, "Is it Serena's birthday or something?!" Haha, I guess when it rains, it pours! ;) So, we opened it up and found an adorable pink Cowboys wind suit!

Cutest Cowboy fan out there!

Serena got out her purse again today. She hasn't played with it much for a while. I was surprised she still remembered how to 'put on' the lipstick the way I'd shown her! ;) After carrying the lipstick and bracelet around for a while, she went back to the purse and pulled out the mirror. Although she noticed her reflection in it, she didn't seem too interested in that. Instead, it apparently reminded her more of our phones, and she walked all around with the mirror up to her ear, talking away! It was so funny, you guys! Now and then she would look at it and apparently pretend to push some buttons and then it would go right back up to her ear for more talking and laughing and even sighing, with periodic breaks while she apparently listened to the other end! I'm working on getting video for Thursday!

1 comment:

jules said...

cute :) what a good idea with letting her have a tree to decorate (or undecorate ;) hee!)