Thursday, November 18, 2010

AT LEAST Thirty-Second Thursday

Things got a little out-of-hand this week in the video-taping department, and I ended up with over 13 minutes of video...about 4 minutes of which I just couldn't live without. My system is that I edit the video clips together each week and then just delete what I don't use. Then, I keep the edited version in a folder for us. So, in a big way, this blog has helped me stay up-t0-date on keeping my photos and videos of Serena organized; which is really good because it's so easy for me to get behind on stuff like that!

This first video has a bunch of Serena & Daddy goofiness. They are quite the buddies! ;) Then, there's a little teeny clip of Serena doing the snorty thing that Aunt Julie taught her (Serena thinks it's REALLY cool to do that now. Thanks, Aunt Julie. Haha!). And a teeny-er clip that I just couldn't bring myself to edit out of Serena smiling at me from the playground set. I thought I had the camera set to take a picture, but it took a video instead; but it's actually really fun to see her smile in an action shot rather than still!


This second video is a little longer, and if you don't watch the whole thing, I completely understand! I even edited out a good 3 minutes, you guys! It's all just Serena 'reading' her book, and I just get the biggest kick out of it! She is so expressive and earnest in her reading! In the mornings, the first thing she does (after sitting up in bed and chatting at her still-sleeping parents) is to climb down from the bed to go find a book. She then brings the book back to the bed, asks to be lifted back up (which I grudgingly pull myself from my comfy spot to do), and commences her morning read...which happily for us can last a good 15 minutes or so! ;)

2 comments:

your friend from Iowa said...

I love that book, too Serena - but I've never enjoyed it as much as I have tonight!

jules said...

i LOVED that reading one - what a hoot!!!! i think i like that book ;) hehee!!!