Saturday, November 20, 2010

Slide Mastery and Other Things

This afternoon I took Serena to the playground again. She wanted to swing for the first 10 minutes or so, and then she spent about half an hour walking/standing around watching all the other kids. She can be so pensive at times! Finally, I encouraged her to climb up the steps on the playset and then I went down the little kiddie slide with her on my lap. After we had done that 3 times, she was kinda tired of it and went back to watching the other kids. Then, she suddenly decided to climb the steps again. This time, I stayed on the ground right next to where she was. When she got to the slide, she turned around and went down on her tummy! I don't know how she got the idea to do that; I hadn't shown her that option and none of the other kids had been doing that! After that, she was Queen of the Slide and went down all by herself several more times before we went home!





Serena took a break from sweeping the floor to go through the ads that came in the mail today

Yesterday, Serena spent a lot of time dragging her xylophone around the house. After she went to bed, I found some string and tried to find an appropriate toy to tie it to for her. I settled on this little car. She thinks it's so great to drag it around! It's added a whole new dimension to playing with it! Of course, she makes sure the passengers are always inside...which can be hard work when they keep getting flung out!

This toy has just amazed me! Serena was 5 months old when Grammie gave it to her for Christmas last year. It has been an awesome toy since Day 1! She still loves to play with it! Whether pushing it, dragging it, maneuvering it out the door to take it into the backyard, or just sitting and playing with all the activities on the front, it has provided countless hours of amusement for her through all of her different stages of development over the last 10 months. Truly an amazing feat for any toy!

No comments: