Sunday, October 11, 2009

Diapered Darling

Today was such a nice day. We went to church last night, so today we had nowhere to go. Jordan took Macy out in the morning to 'work her' at some public hunting land and then he went out hunting in the evening. I am all caught up on housework, so I decided to really take it easy today and just enjoy my baby. Normally I try to be productive with my time at home when Serena's not nursing or needing to be held or changed, haha! But today I held her practically all day long, just for the sheer enjoyment of it. I did relinquish her to Jordan for a little while in the afternoon when she was napping and he and Macy were also napping on the couch. So, it's been a wonderfully unproductive day of lazy cuddling on the couch, with an occasional trip upstairs to change a diaper. Speaking of changing diapers, Serena LOVES getting her diaper changed (unless she's already upset because it's time to eat or something). As soon as I put her on the changing table, she usually starts smiling and talking. I think it's because she knows she's going to get some good one-on-one time with Mommy! We always chat it up while I'm changing her or dressing her. Or maybe it's because she's on there like 10 times a day to get her diaper changed, so it's like 'home base' to her, haha! ;)

Call me sentimental, but isn't there something just so loveable about a babe in a cloth diaper with those great big diaper pins sticking out?! Mmmm...give me some of that sweet baby-ness!!!!

Yep, there's her "I'm-on-the-changing-table-again!" grin!

Thought I'd try to get a 'bottoms up' picture, but she wouldn't stop kicking her legs and picking up her head to look around, so I couldn't get the really classic butt-in-the-air shot. :P Oh well, I love my naked baby, haha! I just want to squish her arms and legs and pat that cute little rumpess!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little diapered baby girl!!! That middle picture looks JUST like you, Jenny!!
Love, MOM

your friend from Iowa said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying motherhood to its absolute fullest!
Serena looks like she is benefiting to the fullest, too! That middle picture looks JUST like Jordan!!
lol!!!! Love, MOM

your friend from Iowa said...

I really had commented to Anna this morning that I thought the middle picture looked like Jordan! Well, you know how they say married couples start to look alike :)

Jess said...

those are great pictures! love the big cloth diapers w/the giant pink pins! SUCH a cutie! and so lucky to look like her mommy AND her daddy! heehee! ;) love u guys! <3

jules said...

it's so fun to see how chunky she's gotten :) awww!!!

Anonymous said...

love to get her nappy off and lick between her legs, she starts to pee and I drink it all down then lick her clean, love watching them sqirm and kick as I enjoy that p-ss-