Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Slow and Relaxing Sunday

Today was another very low-key Sunday. I'm starting to like these a lot! :) Although, Serena's not so much about sleeping in anymore these days, so I didn't get to do that. :P She used to stay in bed and sleep as long as I wanted to. But now, she usually wakes up between 7 and 8 (which really isn't that early, so what am I complaining about?!) and will not shut up! And she's just so stinkin' cheerful about it!!! And while I may be able to tune out her delightful cooing to catch a few more Z's, it is difficult to ignore her kicking, haha! So, I got up around 7:30 this morning and took the happy little Miss Serena downstairs with me so Daddy could sleep a little longer (he's been sacrificing sleep in the name of hunting, so he was understandably tired this morning). This afternoon, Jordan took Macy out to some public hunting land to do a little exercising/practicing for pheasant season, which is quickly approaching. Serena and I didn't do much at all. She's been sleeping a lot the last couple days (growth spurt, maybe?), and today was no different. I did a lot of reading and even got to paint my toenails. (Even though no one will see them now that it's cold outside, it makes me really happy to see pretty painted toenails when I'm taking a shower, haha!) I made an apple pie late afternoon, about 1/3 of which has already been consumed. ;) I also mixed up some cookie dough. I'll bake the cookies and freeze them tomorrow; I'm planning to bring them to next week's small group gathering. So, that pretty much sums it up! Enjoy the pix!



When Jordan got home from working Macy, he gave Serena his hat to wear while he went upstairs to take a shower. Made for some cute photo opportunities!



This is her "Mommy-I'm-Tired-You-Can-Put-Me-Down-For-A-Nap-Now" face. She only takes her paci when she is getting tired, and then she likes to hold her hand (sometimes both!) over it. But, when she gets like this, I can wrap her up and put her down and she'll be asleep in about 2-5 minutes!



Cute little side-glance!


Kinda sleepy still!

4 comments:

Jess said...

awww- i just can't believe how fast she's growing! these are some more super cute priceless photos for sure! my favorite is the middle one of the collage w/jordan's "under-all" (haha!) hat on!

jules said...

haha those in his hat are TOO cute :) i especially love her grin in the big picture of the collage! i just love it that you are doing this blog! it helps me feel like i'm not missing out so much, i love seeing her grow <3

Unknown said...

She really is so adorable!!!

your friend from Iowa said...

I'll be in line behind your mom --- 'Can I hold her NOW?' !!!