Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vitamin C

This time of year, I always start craving oranges. I got a particularly tasty sack of them at Aldi the other day, and Serena and I have been greatly enjoying them! Although, she usually eats the slices about as quickly as I can clean the rind off of them, which doesn't leave much orange for me! She easily puts down 1 1/2 oranges in one sitting!

Mmmm!

Juicy!

Haha, oranges make me feel silly!

Serena crossed off another 'first' today: She pooped in the bathtub!!!!

Our Sunday morning routine includes throwing Serena in the bathtub while we get ready for church. It works great because she is right there with us (contained so we don't have to wonder where she is!) and plays happily while I do my makeup and hair and all that fun stuff. :) Well, this morning, she was having a great time in the bath as usual. She stood up to play with some toys on the edge, and I thought I heard a little 'plink.' I subconsciously dismissed it as her foot or a toy hitting the water. I heard a couple more before it dawned on me that I should investigate! Sure enough, Serena was dropping little presents in her bath water!!!! Guh-ROSSSSSS!!!!!! :P I was really thankful that Jordan was there to help! We pulled her out, cleaned her up, and dried her off. Then, Jordan took her into the kitchen to wash her hair since we hadn't done that yet and it really needed it! Meanwhile, I fished poop out of the tub. Jordan proceeded to get Serena all lotioned, dressed, and pretty for church while I finished my hair. I got the visible mess cleaned up, but I'll go back and use hydrogen peroxide on the tub and toys tomorrow, I think! :P

1 comment:

your friend from Iowa said...

Ha Ha! A 'first' you could've passed by and never missed! Oh the things we thought we'd never be able to do!