Friday, January 7, 2011

First Bout with the Flu

Well, Serena continues to check off her "firsts"! Last night she had her first bout with the flu. It was not pretty, my friends! I woke up around 1:15 to the unmistakable sound of her throwing up in the bed right beside me. It was quite a little mess! I took Serena and cleaned her up and changed her, told a half-asleep Jordan that we would be spending the rest of the night on the couch, made a little nest for us on the couch, and then headed back to Serena's room to rock her for a while. She continued to throw up every 15-30 minutes until 6:30am. At the beginning, she was really wide-eyed and surprised by it, but not upset. A couple hours into it, she was so exhausted that she would immediately fall back to sleep after each episode. She got to where she hated my holding the bowl in front of her face. The dry heaves at the end of the night made her cry...a very pathetic whimpering cry. I felt SO badly for her! It was such a long horrible night!

Somehow, this morning, she still woke up happy and ready to play play play! She was really thirsty, and I tried to keep her diet as bland as I could, but she really showed no signs of any lingering affects from the flu. If it weren't for all the yucky laundry that I suddenly had to deal with (taking priority over the 4 loads I need to get done after being gone for so long!), I might not have believed that she had been sick the night before. Ah, to have the stamina of a child again! ;)

Serena earned herself a bath today!

No comments: