Saturday, March 13, 2010

Over the Border

Up till now, I would leave Serena in the dining room and she would stay on the carpet in the dining room/front room. If she came to the doorway to the kitchen, she would stop and just pat the tile floor or something. Tonight, she crossed the border and began scooting across the kitchen floor to find me! When I finally picked her up, her little belly was cold from being on the tile!

Tonight after the service at church, I handed Serena off to Jordan and went to use the bathroom. When I got back, I saw that she was pretty content with Jordan as he was talking to another guy, so I went to talk to some of my friends. Several minutes later, it dawned on me that Jordan was now up at the front of the church helping with take down/set up...without Serena. A quick scan of the auditorium revealed Serena sitting a couple pews behind me surrounded by four 12-13 year old girls! They were having fun playing with her and she was in her element with all that attention she was getting! She even made eye contact with me and still made no efforts to get to me! It was just an "Oh, hi, Mom" look with none of the usual "I NEED TO GET TO YOU ASAP!!!" look/gesturing/vocalizing that usually accompanies those moments. It was nice and a little weird at the same time to carry on a conversation without having to handle her busy little body at the same time! I had another empty-arms moment last night when Jordan took us to the mall. He took Serena in the stroller the whole time we were there, and I shopped BY MYSELF for the first time in 7 1/2 months! It was a weird feeling! I kept thinking I was forgetting something, haha!

1 comment:

jules said...

first of all - love her bow!! second - how sweet jordy took her for a bit so you could shop:)