Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Face-Painting

This afternoon, Serena and I went to KidsFest. It was in the Varied Industries building at the State Fairgrounds. Jordan was running a booth there for his company, so that was the main reason we went. :) He had worked there for most of the day yesterday, too, and I guess it was much busier then. Today the crowds were pretty manageable, and we were able to look at the booths without feeling too overwhelmed. Serena loves being in situations like that where there are lots and lots of people for her to look at. She was so happy the whole time, especially if anyone took the time to talk to her! When I was walking up to Jordan's booth, I wondered if Serena would be able to pick him out and recognize him in the crowd, and she definitely did! It was so cute how she lit up when she saw him up ahead! Later, I took her to a booth to get her face painted before we left. She was too interested in the girl who was doing the painting to actually sit very still, but somehow we managed to get something on her cheek that at least somewhat resembled a flower, haha! :)

I didn't think to bring my camera to KidsFest, so I took a picture when we got home. By that time, Serena was fast asleep...no doubt exhausted from all the excitement!

I asked the girl to paint a flower that matched her dress. Pretty good, huh? I think it's SO CUTE!!! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! :) Sounds like alot of FUN!!! Love, MOM

your friend from Iowa said...

Fun Day! All tuckered out from her her day at the fair -- how cute!

your friend from Iowa said...

Oh -- and I see Curious George hanging there :)

The Horaks said...

Oh, yes, I've been meaning to tell you, she just LOVES Curious George...or, rather, she loves his zipper on his backpack, haha! ;)

jules said...

aww that is a fun little flower! and she's such a doll with the pierced ears, too:)