Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thirty-Second Thursday


Serena finally seems to be taking a turn for the better. She's still pretty congested, but at least it's not running out of her nose anymore! She showed more interest in playing today; just had a couple cranky moments, so I'm happy that the old Serena is starting to shine through again! I missed her a lot!! Unfortunately, the little bug shared her cold. :( Not just with me and Jordan, but also with Jordan's family who loved her up over the weekend. For some reason it just doesn't seem right that you can catch germs from a little baby!

I've been giving Serena Tylenol at night for the last 3 nights. Before this, I'd given it to her before her shots; so that would be 3 times, I guess. She used to look really concerned about it, and I'd have to have a burp cloth ready since she usually would end up spitting most of it out. The last couple times, though, she actually leans in and opens her mouth ever-so-slightly for the dropper. Pretty funny how quickly she figures stuff like that out!

We started doing signs with Serena a week and half ago. So far, we're doing "Daddy," "Mommy," "Macy," "Milk," "Change" (as in diaper), and "Sleep." She always watches very intently whenever we do any signs. The sign for "sleep" is to brush your hand down the front of your face, letting your fingers 'shut' your eyes. When I lay Serena down on her blankie to wrap her up before putting her to bed, I say, "Serena, look at Mama" and then I do the sign for "Sleep" while I say "Go to sleep." The last couple days, after I do the sign, she goes completely limp and lets me wrap her up. Most of the time, as soon as I place the first side of the blanket over her, she turns her head to the side and shuts her eyes. It's so cute! I think she's starting to understand what we're communicating!!!

2 comments:

your friend from Iowa said...

I'm waiting to hear that Macy lays down and goes to sleep when she sees the sign!

jules said...

glad she's better.. hope it doesn't last long for you though! so cute that she is learning signs!