Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thirty-Second Thursday

It's amazing to think of how Serena has changed! She is very strong and observant (and vocal!), and is constantly growing in those areas! Last night, Jordan was playing with her, and Serena reached out for his hand. She has always liked grabbing on to things, but mostly only if they were either put into her hand or if it happened to be out to the side where her hand happened to be (for example, she likes to hold on to my sleeve while I change her diaper). But this morning, I rattled her little dolly in front of her (I've been doing this for the last couple weeks just for fun) and as she looked at it with her usual great big eyes shining with interest, she reached her hand out in front of her to grab it! Once she had it in her grasp, she pulled it in to herself and hugged it as she opened her mouth wide to give it a big kiss (or something like that, heehee!). And just like that, we've reached a whole new level of play!

This video turned out to be about 14 seconds longer than 30 seconds. (I know, it would have been easier for me to say that it is 44 seconds, but that just sounds longer than 14 seconds over.... Semantics, plain and simple.) I do have a short segment in here of her playing on her mat with some toys above her head. I figured it might be a little boring to watch her play like that for too long, since it's not very interactive; but you have to understand that for me it is SO EXCITING to watch her reach out for her toys and grab them!!! Hahaa! :D At the very end, there's a little bit where I'm clucking at Serena and you can see her reaction to it! Clucking garners a smile for me almost every time I do it, and it's so cute! :D

2 comments:

Jess said...

u could make it 30 MINUTE thursday! heehee! this is SO cute! i just LOVE her smile! and it's so fun to be able to watch her grow on here! love u guys! <3

your friend from Iowa said...

I agree with Jessica! 30 MINUTE THURSDAY's would be great and then you could make a little apology if you didn't go long enough!