Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thirty-Second Thursday

One of the things I really like about the Thirty-Second Thursday posts is that I don't have to come up with a title for them, haha!

Today was very nice. It was sunshiney outside, so it felt warmer than it really was (which is always a welcome feeling!). I got the house cleaned in the morning, and then in the afternoon I took a long walk with Macy and Serena. Later, we made a run to Wal-Mart and I scored a set of queen-size flannel sheets for $15. I put them on the cashier's conveyor belt, only to discover that I had picked up the set that didn't have a tag on them. :P Hate it when that happens. The cashier asked me if I knew what the price was. "Oh, good," I thought, "She's not going to hassle with having an associate check the price, she's just going to enter it in and let me get going." I told her they were $15. She looked a little skeptical. I told her they were on sale. She looked even more suspicious. Seeing this was going nowhere fast, I asked her if she wanted me to go find one with a tag. She was like, "Sure," still obviously not believing me. I have to admit I was a little peeved that she was making me, the customer (not to mention, the customer with a baby), go get the sheets instead of calling an associate. Since when does Wal-Mart treat their customers like that?! There was not a little sarcasm behind my agreement when the lady exclaimed over the price (which was, of course, $15) as she scanned the set that I brought back to the cash register a minute later. As penance, I made sure to tell her to "Have a nice day!" in my most cheerful tone as I left.

Tonight, Jordan got home late (7:30-ish). He took Serena as I finished up supper. He brought her into the dining room and put her on her tummy to play while he laid on the floor next to her and played with Macy a little. I was in there talking to him, and then left for a minute to stir the meat on the stove and when I came back, Serena was on her back. I was like, "Oh, you turned her over!" Jordan looked up at me (he had been looking at Macy) and then at Serena and said, "No, I didn't." Apparently she had rolled over while he wasn't looking. After I quizzed him a few times to ascertain his sincerity, we were both like, "Woohoo! She rolled over!" Well, okay, probably I was the only one saying "Woohoo!" Jordan's not really the kind of guy to say "Woohoo!" ;) So, we put her back on her tummy and watched her for a minute or two, but she didn't do it again, so we went into the kitchen to get some food. I was still watching her, hoping she was going to roll over. I took my eyes off of her for like 5 seconds, and, I'm not even kidding you, the kid ROLLED OVER AGAIN! Little booger!!!! When she was a teeny baby, she rolled over when she was only four days old and did it two or three more times in her first three weeks of life, and each time she did it when I wasn't looking. The time she did it at three weeks, my mom happened to be watching. So, here we are with a baby who has rolled over five times in her 3-month life, and we've missed EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!! :P And, like Jordan said, it's not like we don't keep an eye on her...she's probably one of the most-watched kids in history, haha! The irony of it was that Julia had just asked me this afternoon if Serena had rolled over again since when she was so tiny! Yes, Julia, she did it tonight, haha! ;) Anyway, that was it for Serena's acrobatics today. She started to get tired, so I took her upstairs to give her a bath and then put her to bed. Thus ends Serena's 97th day of life. :)

Well, here's today's video. Once again long. :P I might have to change the title of Thirty-Second Thursday, haha! Today I video-ed us having 'mirror time.' Serena loves the mirror. I always get lots of smiles and 'talking' out of her when we play with the mirror! I love it! At the end of this video, my phone started ringing (yay, phone call from Grammie!) in my jeans pocket, and Macy's reaction cracks me up every time I watch it!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh jenny!!! That is SO FUNNY and SO CUTE at the same time!! Love, Grammie

p.s. Macy is pretty funny and cute, too!! :)

Jess said...

awwww..jenny!!! she's just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! cuter EVERY time! i can't wait till next time i get to see her - she's growing too fast! loves! <3